Sunday 16 October 2016

Brushing on Vacation

One of the best times of year is when my family finally takes a break from the normalities of life.  This can be a very complicated thing to do in 2020.  Vacation destinations are hard to come by this year due to travel restrictions and many other issues, but I still think getting away is important for our health.  Now not only our mental health may be at stake by not going on vacation, but when you go you should not neglect other aspects of health that are also important.  I think that brushing your teeth and keeping up on a great dental routine is very important.  Now, this can be a very complicated thing to do and I want to go over just a few things to help maintain that routine while you are out having a great time.

 


The first thing in my mind to due is to build hype.  That is what vacation is all about, making a great time out of anything.  Sometimes the drive can be the best part of a vacation because of all the bonding that goes on.  Now let's get passed all the bathroom trips, screaming fits, and accidents in the car, but sometimes those moments are great because we made them that way.  So for my family, we try to keep our health concerns happy and fun before the trip even starts. This means a trip to our local grocery store to get the best and most fun dental equipment for the trip.

 


Indeed, we go shopping to keep our teeth care hyped and fun.  Now we also put a budget of about 10 dollars on this as well so as to not get too pricy for just dental health.  But I want all of our kids and my wife and me to stay healthy and to make sure we are taking the time to do it.  So the first thing we do is go to the travel aisle.  This is usually filled with hygiene products and travel toothbrushes are the main goal here.  There are always really fun toothbrushes that are smaller in size and most are actually made for children.  This is ok, to use on the short term trip, even for my wife and I.  The toothbrushes are usually themed and really fun.  There can be Star Wars toothbrushes or Avenger toothbrushes.  The options are limitless and yet limited by the store, but find a fun set for the family and make everyone chose their own cool brush.

 


When picking out the brushes, I always look for one major distinction to help for health and ease of use.  I look for a suction cup on the bottom of the brush.  That is important to me because it means we can literally stick them to the sink when we get into the hotel or place we are staying.  I always fear putting my toothbrush down on the counter because it could be nasty and filled with germs and bacteria.  I love being able to simply stick my brush with the cup on the sink and not worry about it falling over and landing on germs.  This also makes them readily available for the family when we get back after a long fun day.

 

I hope these tips help your family out.  This is a great way to hype a healthy dental vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What can Ice do to Your Teeth?

We know, we know: It’s really hot all around in the political air and the pain of it can strike hard.  But the pain of other things may be l...